Gosh, I’ve been pretty bad about following through with a lot of posts on this blog; like my recap for my D.C. trip and some recipes, but they should come along soon enough, and believe me– I’m working on Part 2 for graduation and the Amazing Race post, so those things are for sure!
Even with most of the “fun” stuff being held off, however, I was nominated by one of my (as I would like to think of her..) blogger friends, Lots ‘Bout Nothin’, for the One Lovely Blog Award!
She’s one of the sweetest, funniest, most awesome bloggers I know and ever since I discovered her blog, it’s been a lot more fun logging on to see if she’s posted anything new. Thank you so much! I’m definitely not a big-time blogger and anything close to a professional writer, but this kind of makes me feel like aside from meeting and interacting with other people, I’m also accomplishing something by writing my blog.
Yeah, I know.. Just let me have my moment..
Anyway, I’m not sure how long this thing has been going, but apparently there are rules to accept this award, so I better get to ‘em!
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Seven facts that are unknown about me? I’ll try, but my friends in real life probably know some of this stuff already:
- I speak a second language– that language is Tagalog, and that’s because I grew up in the Philippines for the first 10 years of my life. We speak it around the house, too, and watch the Filipino Channel a lot, so yeah..
- When I was in the Philippines, I attended an all-girl, private school. I was second generation there, and the man in charge of carpool, Manong Baguio, recognized me on my first day ever because he remembered me from when I was a baby! I’m telling you, there were hundreds of girls who attended that school (it was kindergarten-high school, and now it’s a college too!) and that man knew almost everyone’s names and which cars they rode on– amazing…
- Getting shots terrifies me. I remember that when I was younger, I had to get a tooth pulled out because it was rotten so bad (I don’t know what happened, I brushed! It just crumbled and fell apart!) and hurt, but I wouldn’t let the dentist give me a shot to numb my mouth.. I cried for an hour straight and the dentist never got to give me a shot, but they did something else and the tooth was eventually pulled out. When we walked out of that office, though, some people just stared at me and my mom as we walked out, because (they even told us!) they heard me screaming..
- I was half raised by my mom, half raised by nannies that were hired in the Philippines. I swear, the one that I had for the longest (her name was Alona) was even stricter about my homework and grades than my mom at times! I miss some of them really badly.
- My favorite font, since 5th grade, has been Candara.
- I own a collectible porcelain Princess Jasmine doll, because I’m cool like that..
- I won a Domo when we played musical chairs during a Halloween party in 6th grade.. Me VS. my best friend, Samantha, and it wasn’t pretty!
Now come my nominees.. Thank goodness I don’t just have to pick just one blog, because that would be like having to choose between peanut butter and chocolate for me.. Impossible.
These blogs are ones that I read all the time, and I sincerely admire the people who write ‘em.. So without further adieu:
- Lift to Run
- Army Paisley
- Faith Food & Fitness
- Little B’s Healthy Habits
- Newly Wife, Healthy Life
- This Fit Chick
- Teen Devotion Blog
- Tiare Fitness
Every time I log on, I always check to see if you guys have posted an update, because even if you don’t write every single day (or maybe even three times a day, like some people!), the posts you guys write are so worth waiting for and I’m just extremely happy I’ve found your blogs.